Flexible Workspace Trends
As a new generation of workers is taking over the workforce, new trends emerge to meet their needs and preference. Gone are the days when people’s only choice is to work in a traditional office setting. They don’t have to work in a cubicle anymore or stuck in a four-walled environment.
Today, more than ever before, flexible and shared offices are getting more and more popular by the year. Instead of workers adapting to their workplace, it is now the workplace that is adapting to their needs.
So, we want to know, what are the recent trends in the flexible workspace industry that is worth noting? Here are some of them.
- According to recent study, by 2025, flexible workspaces will make up more than 60 percent of the total office demand in the GCC.
- Flexible workspaces will continue to integrate advanced technology, internet connectivity, and built-in services to attract more clients.
- Digital connectivity is among the major factors why flexible and co-working spaces in the UAE are growing at a fast pace.
- Young workers’ demand for a better workspace is driving the change in the office industry. They constitute $1 trillion in consumer spending and more than 70 percent of them are willing to spend on better workspaces.
- The coworking space is not just limited to the corporate world. Steadily, the hospitality and healthcare sectors are adding co-working space in their territory.
- Dubai and other Emirates have seen a slow uptake of the flexible co-working space. This is primarily due to the restrictive regulatory framework of the government. On top of that, the licensing regime associated with coworking spaces is rather complex and difficult to navigate. Thankfully, the UAE is relaxing these restrictions and the government is taking more steps to encourage the growth in the coworking sector.
- As the flexible space market grows and matures, we are seeing the transition of the traditional office for rent to a more open-plan co-working environment. Moreover, a mix of private offices and coworking space is now taking over some prominent commercial establishments in the UAE business districts.
What are flexible offices?
As its name suggests, flexible offices are those workspaces that are more flexible in their terms, conditions, services, and rates. For example, flexible offices can be rented on either a short-term or long-term basis. A customer can even simply walk in a flexible office and pay by the hour while others can pay by the day, week, or month.
Moreover, flexible offices are more commonly set up as a co-working space. This means that freelance professionals, startup teams, and individual entrepreneurs could work either independently or as a team in one setting. This gives them the freedom to network with each other or lowers their overhead costs.
If you are looking for beautiful and technologically advanced flexible office space, you need to check out Austria Business Center. We are among the leading flexible and co-working space providers in the UAE with a high approval rate. We also offer other business solutions to complement your marketing strategies. Give us a call today!